Monday, March 22, 2010

Snowmen and Mice-oh my!!

**Warning** this is a long post and it has a lot of pictures. So, this post is about birthdays and yes, we celebrated them in early December and late January (I told you I was going backwards. I am going to spare you all Christmas though. Just can't go and do that.) Anyways, first we celebrated Emma's 4th birthday. Since Emma isn't really into anything specific, we thought it would be appropriate to do a winter themed birthday. She also really loves snowmen, in particular Frosty. Hence, the theme. Our decorations were somewhat minimal because we had just finished up the kitchen. So in our dining room (which by the way, is now a big waste of space because NO ONE will sit in there for a party. I AM SO DONE decorating this space for a party).


We have this metal snowman that actually goes outside but we put in the corner of the empty family room off the kitchen. The little snowmen I gave away to the young kids at the party.

Here is the birthday girl opening some of her gifts. She really likes the snap on dolls from FP and this was her expression when she opened her gift.


Of course, no holiday would be complete without books for Emma. She just loves them and as you can tell she took time out to look at a book.
Here is the family. Look at Evan looking so intense at the cake. That boy certainly takes after his mother. Jim had to hold Emma's hand so it wouldn't end up in the cake.

My attempt at a snowman cake. I completely forgot to add the arms. Oh well. It turned about pretty cute, I thought and it was yummy.




On to Evan's 2nd birthday. It was hard to decide what to do for him but we ended up on Mickey Mouse. At the time he really loved Mickey.

This is party hat that I made for him. Unfortunately the hat was to big on him but I thought it turned out cute. I got the idea from Notes from a Cottage Industry. ( not sure how to link to it)
Of course, we have to get a family shot. Hard to get a great picture of all 4 of us.

Here is the birthday boy. Because his hat was too big, he wore Mickey ears. Thanks, Sue, for the idea. The other kids wore them too.

Here is Evan with his hat, see, too big.
I bought Emma this cute pillow case dress. She really looked cute but I couldn't get a great shot of her. Imagine that! Here she is dancing. All of our parties have turned out to having a dance floor with people, mainly little people, dancing. Lots of fun for everyone.
My disappointing, overly expensive birthday cake! It was small but ended up being fine and the red was more maroon then red. Aargh! Evan loved though it and that is all that mattered.

So that is our birthday celebrations. I did make a banner out of Mickey mouse ears that turned out pretty cute, but didn't get a great picture of that. Next up, random winter shots.


2 comments:

  1. I loved both of the parties. They were adorable - and your snowman cake was so cute! Emma looked so beautiful on her birthday - I love how she took time out to read her book! Evan's party looked adorable, too. I love the mickey mouse idea - and Emma's pillow case dress was adorable!! You did such a great job - I would have loved to see a picture of the mickey mouse banner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma could wear that dress for Halloween and be Minnie Mouse - adorable! You did a great job on the snowman cake too. The only thing this post was missing was a video of Emma saying snowman. That is my favorite thing!

    ReplyDelete