Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tickled Pink!!!

I know, I know, it has been a long time......and I have no excuses. I guess I am lazy. Life has been good and not much happening. However, a few weeks ago Emma and Evan hosted a "Tickled" Pink party to our friends Sarah, Rachel and Naomi and of course their mom, Sheila, came as well. I will spread the pictures out over the next few days. The first series are the table decorations. Of course, most everything was pink. Poor Evan, all that pink. He had a great time. However, his sister was a big crab the entire time. Pretty typical!!
Here is the table and the all the decor. It was nice to only have one little area to decorate.


The two older girls had their very own place setting. They absolutely loved the glass slipper and were so excited that they could bring it home. My wands did not turn out the way I wanted them too but oh well.
I made ants on a log and dyed the cream cheese pink. (thanks Sue) The girls thought that was pretty neat. I bought raspberry tea cookies at Target and they were so good. I also made pinwheels (again, thanks Sue). They were made with white bread and raspberry preserves. The tablecloth is from my Grandma. She did all the stitching on it. I believe it was all pre-printed on the cloth. None the less, I love it and will cherish it always.
This is a view looking down on the table. I also served chocolate fondue with bananas, pretzels, raspberries and shortcake. The flowers where from my garden. I filled some jars with candy. Boy is hard to find pink candy!!
Another view looking down at the table. The older 2 girls thought this was a pretty neat party. After all, it was really for them. The little ones really didn't care too much and Emma, well, in time will love a party like this.

Next time I will post the craft that we did.

I would also like to congratulate my niece, Jessica, on the birth of her son Jackson. He is a cutie and I cannot wait to see him in September.

4 comments:

  1. Wow - finally a post!! and such a pretty one too. I don't think I ever saw the tablecloth Grandma made you. So pretty - mine is all neutral colors, grey I think. The table is so cute and the food turned out great. Can't wait to have my pink party. I will copy your food for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo, a post, and I agree, a great one! I LOVE the pink party... with two boys I'm not sure if I'll get to have one of those. Maybe I'll just make them suffer through one of those anyway. It looked absolutely adorable. You're right, in time Emma will think it is SO fun. Although by then Evan might not agree :) Thanks for the congrats!! We can't wait to see you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most perfect party decor EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! What a great pink party - I'm sure all the kids had a great time. I love all the pink...such a great girl party! Very creative decorations and ideas - I loved it all!

    ReplyDelete