Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chicago Part 2 and American Girl

As promised here is part two of Chicago. Saturday night was a dinner that Jim and I got invited to attend along with my sister and brother-in-law. It was a very nice time and the food was good. After the dinner, we went back to the "suite" and had some wine. Here are some pictures of the evening. Here is my sister and brother-in-law. Great pic of the two of them.

Here is Jim and me at dinner. Why is it that you are never happy with your own picture.

This next picture is kind of an inside joke. The waiter poured my sister some wine and totally missed the glass. He was very sloppy. We just had to capture the moment.

Here is a picture with me and my sister. All night people would say we look alike. What do you think?


This is Jack, my brother-in-laws Dad and Ziggy. They were having a quite the conversations (according to Jack) and they also had lots of cocktails. It was quite entertaining.


The next group of pictures are at the American Girl Chicago. For those of you that have not been, WOW, is all I can say. Lots to look at and lots of money to be spent. I am so glad my little girl is just getting into dolls and doesn't know what it is yet. Here is the window display. Very cute!!


Here is Elizabeth, with her bitty baby and Ben with his doll. He did not want to go there without one. They are such cute kids. I had so much fun with them.


We had lunch at the cafe. ADORABLE. It was so cute. All decorated in black, hot pink and white. This is the place setting on the table. I wish I would have gotten pictures of all the food. It was all displayed so cute. The bow is actually a ponytail holder that we could bring home with us. Of course I had to have a couple for Emma. But now her hair is too short for ponytails.


Here is cute Cooper. He sat directly across from me and he was so much fun. He has such a little personality on him.


Lastly, no lunch at The American Girl would complete without your doll. They have these little seats for the doll and check out the cute little tea cup and saucer ( you could purchase those of course and the seat too). Thanks again to my sister for the fun lunch.



So there is Chicago in a nutshell. We had a great time with family and enjoying the sights and being part of the festivities. Thank you Sue and Bob for inviting us to go along to share in this special venture in your life.

Coming up soon....... the kitchen destruction.......!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. You got some great pictues, I especially like the ones of you and Jim, and mom and dad. I can't wait to see pictures of your kitchen destruction!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures - the ones of you all at the dinner were great! I'm so glad you were able to come with us to Chicago. I also can't wait to see the kitchen demo!!

    ReplyDelete